Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mid-year madness

When Mango sent me an invite for their private sale today, I immediately called Lezyl since she always tells me about the 5 dresses she's eyeing at Mango and how she's jump at them once the sale starts. I told her that the sale starts at 12 noon, she asked me to be there at 11:45am.

True enough, by the time I got there at 12:15, Mango looked like it was hit by a tornado. It was madness! People grabbing dresses, tops and jeans. Ladies carrying clothes by the bag and heading off to the fitting room. Whoever said the economy is in bad shape hasn't seen how some ladies spend at Mango. (The girl in front of us bought P40,000 worth of clothes.)

Since Lezyl was going to be late, she asked me to pre-screen the items and choose dresses that would suit and fit her. Ergo, I became an impromptu stylist/alalay. I was able to sift through the disheveled stacks of clothes and got 10 pieces by the time she arrived. She liked most of it and ended up buying 4.

Now that the Mango sale has officially begun, this can only mean one thing. Zara will soon follow suit and might go on sale by the 1st of July.

And that's a different kind of madness altogether.

No comments: