Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Forever stylish

I've seen it for years now, but strangely, Forever 21 never really appealed to me.

Whenever I'd go to the U.S., China, Japan or Singapore, I wouldn't even take time to enter and browse the store. I guess I find the store too trendy - and not in a good way.

But when I decided to check out one of their stores this weekend (for the lack of a better way to spend idle time) I was surprised by their accessory line. Yes, the clothing line was still too trendy - and not in a good way - but their accessories are really stylish.

Among the ones that caught my eye was a necklace that had a very art deco pendant. It looks so industrial and 20s, and it was just so chic. This type of necklace would work well with a t-shirt just as well as it would work with a simple shift dress.



Then there was this gold cuff covered in grossgrain ribbon and punctuated with a pearl brooch. It was so Audrey Hepburn!



And true to Forever 21 form, the accessories were super cheap! They were around $10-$15, which isn't bad for designs like these.

Now I find myself logging on to the forever21 website to see what other stylish accessories they have.

No comments: