Sunday, April 18, 2010

And they lived...

"Ever After" was tonight's Sunday night movie on ETC. Needless to say, I sat through the entire film.



Cinderella is one of the most retold tales of all time, and this film retells it wonderfully. I like the back story of Danielle's family and how she ended up in that situation. It's also great how "Cinderella" is feisty and spunky and not a "damsel in distress." Her banter with Prince Henry was also fun to watch. And of course, the love story aspect of the film was stellar.

Even if I've seen this film so, SO many times, I still find myself smiling at the same scenes, cheering after the Baroness finally got her just desserts, swooning when Danielle went to the ball wearing her fairy wings, and cheering her on when she confronted the Duke with her sword. It's adventure, romance, comedy and fantasy all in one. Rarely have I seen a movie that has all these elements and blended them perfectly.

And one of my favorites is the narrator's last line. I think it captures a very important aspect of life and living.

"And while they lived happily ever after, the point here Gentlemen is that, they lived."

No comments: