Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Ready for a Clash

As a young boy, one of my favorite films was "Clash of the Titans." It had all my favorite elements in one wonderfully crafted film.

I've always been drawn to Greek Mythology and this film brought them to life. After reading so much Zeus, Hera, Athena, Hermes, Apollo, Hades and the others gods, it was such a thrill to see them "alive." As a bonus, my favorite creatures were also there, including Pegasus, Medusa, the robotic owl Bubo, and Kraken.



This movie was produced way, way before the dawn of CGI and special effects. Despite that, it looked so polished. The way Pegasus flew and landed, how Kraken emerged from the water and fought with Perseus, Thetis coming to life, and even something as simple as Perseus disappearing.

I must've watched this movie a gazillion times and never got tired of it. Heck, if I found a DVD of this film now, I'd go ahead and buy it. Then watch it a gazillion times more.

So it came as such a thrilling surprise when I saw this trailer on the net today.



It's a remake of "Clash of the Titans"!

Off-hand, I see some of the elements of the 80s film in this updated one. The scorpions are there, so is Medusa, Kraken and the Stygian Witches. Of course, this updated version is armed with a lot of CG, which I hope will add value to the story and not detract from it.

The new "Clash of the Titans" film will be showing in 2010. But as early as now, I'm super ready for it!

No comments: