Saturday, December 12, 2009

A bit of Glee, a bit of me



I've seen Glee a couple of times and I just don't get why everyone is going nuts over it. Yes, it's fun, and the musical numbers are cute, but it feels like watching High School Musical over and over again.

I guess another reason why it's a bit alien to me is the fact that in Manila, the glee club isn't social Siberia. If you watch the TV series, you'll get a feeling that glee clubs are where misfits, geeks, weirdos and diva wannabes go.

But if you look at "real high schools", glee clubs are as normal as your science clubs, track and field teams, or even the honors club. Actually, back in my "real hight school", people thought the glee club was cool and they wanted to be part of it.

I should know, I was part of glee club.

(Strange but true. I was a baritone by the time I hit my senior year. Hahaha.)

No comments: