Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Tissue Issue

Whenever I come home and empty my pockets, I noticed that there's usually a few pieces of tissue or napkin from the restaurant where I ate. And since dining out is part of my everyday routine, there's a pile of tissue on top of my table, from fastfood joints like Tokyo Tokyo to Pizza Hut Bistro, kiosks like Dunkin Donuts and Waffle Time, and even convenience stores like 7-11 and Mini-stop.

It's a habit I developed a while back. Before I leave the place where I ate, I'd get the tissue that's left on the tray so it won't go to waste. After all, those usually come in handy after a sardine-packed MRT ride or a walk from Paseo to the Ayala MRT station. Strangely, though, I never get to use the tissue collected, and that explains the ever growing pile at home.

Whenever I look at the pile, my first reaction would be: "Mental note: stop collecting tissue." But that's difficult to do whenever you see pieces of tissue and think of the trees that had to be cut down to make them. It really drives home the point: never, ever waste anything. So many people waste paper so unabashedly, it's simply disturbing.

Then again, that's another issue.

No comments: