Thursday, September 24, 2009

Let's Dance!

We started the morning on a high note by looking at this scene from that upcoming flick "500 days of summer." It's a rom-com that stars Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon Levitt (who strangely looks like he hasn't aged since "10 things I hate about you.) In this scene, Joseph channels his inner Bollywood and engages in an impromptu dance.



I'm loving this scene. The music, the choreography, the innocence - it all works together perfectly.

And after this scene, we began talking about what our favorite dance scenes from movies are. I had to think about it for a few minutes, and these immediately made it to my list:

1. Cameron Diaz in "Charlie's Angels."


I'm torn between this scene and the "Baby's got back" portion, but since I'm a swing fan, this dance number prevailed.

2. Reese Witherspoon in "Legally Blonde."

"The Bend and Snap." Enough said.

3. Anne Hathaway in "Ella Enchanted."

When I was still living in HKG, I'd watch this movie over and over again, and I could never get over how cool this scene was. Anne should get a musical.

4. Amy Adams in "Enchanted."

I have yet to meet a person who didn't like this movie. And this big dance number.

Of course, this list doesn't include all those campy dance numbers that pop out in Philippine movies. (Donna Cruz, anyone?) That's a topic that definitely deserves a separate post.

No comments: