Monday, September 14, 2009

Feeling Privileged

I've been sleeping late the past few Sundays. It's because of my new guilty pleasure.



Watching re-runs of "Privileged" on ETC.

The first time I read about this show was when they featured it on InStyle. There were good reviews about it, but I didn't get the urge to watch out for it. But a few Sundays ago, I caught an episode before going to bed, and got hooked. Needless to say, I didn't get to sleep early that night. Or the succeeding Sundays thereafter.

The show feels like "Mean Girls" meets "The Nanny" meets "Facts of Life" meets "Take the Lead." Like all CW shows, the writing of this show is crisp, witty and funny. Casting is great, and the girl who plays Rose is adorable. It's got the same vibe as Gossip Girl, without the "sleeping around" factor.

As much as I wish it would also be as successful as Gossip Girl, it wasn't. It only lasted 1 season, and it's not coming back on air anytime soon. And this simply means one thing: I have to find a boxed set of it soon. I wouldn't mind watching it over and over and over again after it goes off air.

No comments: