Friday, September 04, 2009

D.A.

It was a scene straight out of a bad, campy Pinoy film. But the bad and campy thing about it was, it happened in real life. Just a few feet away from me.

On my way to Citibank, I usually pass through The Enterprise Center. As I was crossing Dela Rosa, there were two women walking beside me, and by the looks of it, one was a boss and one was her assistant. Or by the way she's treated, more of an "alalay."

The boss - smoking a cigarette like contravidas usually do - was barking orders at her assistant. She rambled about calling this person, arranging another meeting with another person, etc. Her alalay dutifully nodded her head as she scampered to cross the street.

When we got to The Enterprise, there was a big sign that said smoking was prohibited in the premises. This was when things got really bizarre!

The boss - in full contravida fashion - hands her half-smoked cigarette to the assistant and barked:

"O, ayan. Ubusin mo yan. Papasok na ako."

Gosh! She made Miranda Priestly look like a saint. I just hope the assistant is being paid well for the pain she has to go through.

No comments: