Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Surplus Surprise

My usual route home takes me through SM Makati, and that gives me the opportunity to peruse all the wonderful and inexpensive treats the store offers. Today, as I passed through the Chowking area, I noticed that Surplus Shop set up a satellite store there. Apparently, the 2nd floor store is being renovated, which explains why they were "squatting" there.

It's been a while since Surplus Shop last surprised me. During my last few visits, their selection has become a bit drab and predictable. This is SO unlike their heyday when fabulous finds were overflowing. Going inside a Surplus Shop store nowadays is a rare event.

As I walked through the merchandise (which was in full view so I couldn't ignore them) there were a couple of items that were out of the ordinary. There were some skirts, vests and t-shirts that were unusually good. Upon closer scrutiny, the skirt was Old Navy (which I assume will be part of their Spring/Summer 2010 collection), twill and denim vests from Uniqlo (Yes! Uniqlo!), and t-shirts from H&M. (Yes! H&M!)

As exemplified by the number of exclamation points, this quick visit was a pleasant surprise. Looks like Surplus Shop is getting its fashion mojo back. And as much as I wanted to peruse some more, I was trying to avoid the MRT rush and melee, so I had to say goodbye to the goodies.

Well, not really goodbye, but "see you tomorrow."

No comments: