Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ready to take Kachangs again...

Each time I visit SG, I have a "food du jour." A few years ago, it was the dollar ice cream sold along the streets of Orchard. Last year, it was Old Chang Kee's Curry puff and Seafood Gyoza. And a few days after I arrived in SG, I realized that this is my favorite during this trip.



This isn't the first time I've eaten Ice Kachang. In fact, since I started visiting Singapore, I've always had one Ice Kachang per visit, no more. There was never any follow through because it wasn't something I craved for. Actually, my last trip here passed without even a bowl of this icy dessert.

Now, a day doesn't pass without me buying a bowl or two of Ice Kachang. I've grown so fond of it that not a meal passes by without me ordering one as dessert. I've tried the regular variant, the mango ice, the peanut ice, the coffee ice and the sarsi ice. They all have their own charm, but the regular and mango variants are clearly my favorites.

I think there's a flavor or two that I still haven't tried. Good thing I've got another day for another kachang.

No comments: