Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Come to Carl!

On my first full day in Singapore, I knew what I wanted to do first.



It's been a year since I've last eaten at Carl's Jr. It was also in Singapore with Joannah. I'd venture to say that when it comes to fast food quality onion rings, Carl's Jr. is at the top of my list. Add to that, I also crave for their Sta. Fe Chicken sandwich. I've been dreaming of this combo since I got on the plane yesterday, so this is what I had for lunch today.

Going to Carl's Jr. makes me miss the days when we still had the chain in Manila. If memory serves me right, the original franchisees were the owners of AMA Computer College. (The Aguiluz family, methinks.) Then it closed down, and it was opened again, and it closed down again. Now, it's just another relic in the history of fast food chains that made a splash, then submerged, in Manila. Notable companions of Carl's Jr. are A&W, Big Daddy's and Arby's.

I still remember how Xtine, Kuya Ers, Fiesta and I would go to Carl's Jr. in Pasay Road whenever we had to do OT in Adformatix. When the chain opened a branch in Megamall, Kin, Elsie and I would also go there for lunch. Ah yes, good times. And good food!

All this "walking down memory lane" is making me hungry again. More onion rings, perhaps?

No comments: