Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Another M in H&M

When I was in Singapore last April, Matthew Williamson was in town and showing his new collection at SG Fashion Week. It was the big finale and he even brought Erin Connor to serve as his muse. I remember that I caught a glimpse of the show at the tent along Orchard Road. Now that I'm back in Singapore in April, I read in a local magazine that Matthew Williamson is the next designer to have a collaboration with Swedish fast fashion giant H&M. True to form, his collection looks overtly feminine, very romantic with just a touch of theatrics. I'm not sure how the H&M market will react to this, though. For one, his designs look like something that H&M already makes. Second, he already has a steady collection at Debenhams, and I don't know if it's super different from what he'll do for H&M. So will it work? As Randy Jackson would often say on AI: "I don't know. I really don't know." But one thing is for sure, I'm not expecting HKG to go all crazy and insane over this collection.

No comments: