Saturday, April 04, 2009

Miz Claiborne

When I saw the new Liz Claiborne print ads on InStyle, I thought I noticed someone familiar in them. But immediately, I dismissed the thought and said to myself: "Nope, that can't be him."

The "him" is Isaac Mizrahi.

"How could he be in a Liz Claiborne ad? He doesn't design for them, Tim Gunn does." This was the argument I formed in my head while still denying what I've seen. After watching so many seasons of Project Runway, I know for a fact that Mr. Gunn is the Chief Creative Officer for Liz Claiborne. So having Mr. Mizrahi there was a stretch.

But surprise, surprise! It really is him.

While leafing through the April Issue of InStyle, they had an article about how Isaac Mizrahi has taken the creative reins at the seemingly aging fashion brand. It looks like they want a fresh, funky and feminine update, so they brought in the guy who turned Target into Tar-zhay. Harharhar.

And with that, now I'm sure that the guy I've seen in the Liz Claiborne ads IS Isaac Mizrahi.

(That's him wearing the green bandana.)

No comments: