Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tearful Tuesdays

Every Tuesday night, I find myself locked in front of the TV screen and spend some time fighting back tears. It's all because of this show that has become a semi-habit for me.



"Reunions" is a public affairs program that has a very simple premise. They bring together people who have been separated or estranged. In the past months that I've been watching it, I've seen people reunited after 10, 20, even 50 years - and each Reunion brings a big smile to my face. (And the occasional watery eye.)

This is such a noble program. So noble that if I meet Jessica Soho down the street, I'll probably walk up to her, shake her hand, and congratulate her for a job well done. (Plus, I'll tell her that I met her back in college when we did a studio tour of GMA-7. Gosh! That was ages ago.) "Reunions" is a show that I pray will have a long, long run. Hopefully, even longer than "Eat Bulaga" - the longest running show on local TV.

If there were more programs like this, (and less of the trash that's been airing in the regular channels) then there would definitely be more reasons to watch local TV.

No comments: