Monday, September 22, 2008

Say my name...

This afternoon at the airport:

After checking in, I rushed to the Airport Fee counter seeing there was no queue. Somewhere in between the 2 counters, I dropped my Mabuhay Miles membership card. I was already inside the waiting area when I realized it was gone. Since going out was no longer an option (the area after the immigration counter is one of those "points of no return") my next option was to tell the ground staff about it.

They were very, very attentive and thorough. First, they tried calling the counter where I checked in just to make sure the card wasn't left there. After that call, the girl came up to me and said that it wasn't on the counter and that they'll send their Customer Service Officer to the lost and found section to check if someone turned it over.

After a few minutes, the same girl came back and said that the card wasn't at the lost and found. I told her not to worry about it and that I'll just request for a replacement card from PAL. Right after my sentence, her face lit up and said that she has one last option.

She walked away, and after a few minutes, a voice blared all over the airport.

"Attention passengers. If anyone has found the Mabuhay Miles card of Mr. Lester Edgard Morales, please turn it over to counter N6. Once again, if anyone has found the Mabuhay Miles card of Mr. Lester Edgard Morales, please turn it over to counter N6."

Gosh! Hearing them shout out my name for the entire Terminal 2 to hear was enough to send me shuddering. Thank goodness we boarded a few minutes after. I already lost my card, I didn't want to lose my pride. Harhar.

No comments: