Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dream accounts

Most advertising creatives I know have a "dream account." An account that they'd relish working on once they enter the advertising world. Working on an account you're passionate about pretty much ensures that the creative work that will come out is brilliant, heartfelt and - of course - creative. It gives us the ability to really dig deep into the product and bring out the best in it.

Since I entered advertising by accident, I never really had a dream account.

Now, after more than a decade-long career in advertising, I can say that I've worked on dream accounts, and a lot of nightmare accounts. It was only after working on them that I found out that they were a dream to work with. Among the lot, these are on the top of my list - arranged chronologically.

- Cardinal Ceramics
- Incremin
- Myra 300-e
- Robinson's Malls
- Palmolive

That said, I've also come up with a list of accounts I'd like to work on. These would probably be my genuine "dream accounts" list.

- Philippine Airlines
- Department of Tourism
- The Landmark
- Duty Free Philippines

I'd love to work on these accounts because these companies and brands have the ability to showcase the best of the Philippines. These companies can show the world that there's more to our country and show our countrymen that there is still something to be proud of at home. And being able to do that, and communicate that, is one of my biggest, biggest dreams.

No comments: