Sunday, June 08, 2008

Song of my dreams

Two nights ago, I dreamt of a song. It was a very familiar song and it was something I listened to voraciously a few years back. Because of that "voracious listening," it probably got embedded in my subconscious and it randomly replayed in my dreams.

Unfortunately, I couldn't remember the title nor the artist - all I could remember was the catch phrase that kept on playing and replaying in my head:

"Baby, no one else, can ever want you like I do,
I feel the same way, I hear the Don say,
Girl I want you, Girl I need you."


The day after, I went looking through my CD collection in search of the song. From my recollection, the song sounded like something Jennifer Lopez would sing, so it was off to the J.Lo collection. But after browsing through 4 CDs, it dawned on me that it wasn't her.

Just as I was about to give up, a photo of the Mexican Mafia in Tampico flicked an important memory switch. It was a song by Thalia! And yes, it was Thalia's attempt to move into J. Lo territory.



It was a successful attempt, considering the fact that I thought it was J. Lo who sang this song.

This video made me miss Thalia all of a sudden. Even before the "Marimar" craze in Manila, I've always liked her songs. Then, when we went to Mexico, she launched a new album with this catchy new song, and it made me love her more.



Strange, but true. I'm a fan of Thalia's music. English or Spanish. And it took a dream to remind me of that.

Maybe this is my subconcious' way of telling me to go back and visit Mexico again soon.

No comments: