Saturday, June 07, 2008

Curtain Call

My moratorium on shopping for clothes has begun, and so far, I've been sticking to it. This is increasingly difficult since People are People, as well as Plains and Prints, have a lot of really nice items this season.

Now, I've turned my shopping sights on another thing made of cloth, but isn't clothing. Curtains!

The past few weeks, Robinson's Department Store has been a favorite stop-over. Their home section is awesome! Especially their home linen section. They've got loads and loads of nice curtains - a lot of it in silk shantung and taffeta. Some of them are embroidered, some others beaded, and still others with an interesting interplay of prints and colors. There's definitely a creative mind at work behind the curtains.

So far, I bought a brown curtain with felt details, which matches perfectly with the green shantung ones. Then there's the brown one with stripes which goes together with a deep burgundy shantung one. Then there's the brick red and green curtains made of taffeta. And the brown and green shantung ones that are now up in Dad's room.

The best part is, they're all so cheap. Ridiculously cheap! Each panel is less than P500! Heck, for that amount, I won't even be able to get the cheapest curtain at Ikea. I think the silk ones there are around HK$500. For that amount, I can buy 5 silk ones here. And I'm definitely buying 5 more.

No comments: