Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Little Hotel of Horrors

This story goes up there with Grace's "Hotel-from-Hell-in-Bangkok" experience.

Since my trip to HKG was last minute, my hotels du jour were fully booked. Since Asiarooms has always served me well, I thought of looking for instant accommodations through them. And I did.

It was a hotel - albeit 3 star - along Nathan Road. Location wise, it was good. The rooms in the photos looked fine, and some of the reviews looked promising. So, it was click, book, print and go.

There must be some asterisk I didn't see because the hotel, photos and reviews were all inaccurate! I'd say lies, but that would be too harsh. Well, ok. They were lies! Then again, I work in advertising, and I should know that advertising has a way of even the most appalling things sound appealing. In this case, though, the appealing thing turned out to be appalling.

The first room they gave me was at their topmost floor. When I got inside, the room was big. BUT! Since it was raining hard in HKG, there was a leak from the ceiling. A leak so big, there was an indoor pool in my room! Unfortunately, I had no choice because it was the only room they had for the night. With the promise of a new, leak-less room in the morning, I fell asleep to the sound of water dripping on the floor.

This morning, they kept their promise to move me to a new room. It was cleaner and had no leaks. BUT! The room was so small. As in SOOOO SMALL! Imagine, the bed was propped up by the room's 3 walls. It was like the bed was suspended in the air. And since it was suspended, the area below was where I was supposed to keep my things. Gosh! The bodega in my old flat is much bigger than this!

Thank goodness I'm flying out early tomorrow morning. There's only so much of this horror I can take.

No comments: