Thursday, April 27, 2023

It’s a stick-up!

When we were kids, stickers were a thing. 

We’d go,to National Book Store in Quezon Avenue after school, and we’d browse the sticker racks for cute and cool stickers that we’d put on our bags, lunch boxes, notebooks and cabinets. 

There were so many cool designs, from Ziggy to Transformers to Care Bears to fun quotes. The design possibilities were endless, and that’s also why we had so, so, so many packs of stickers back then.

Then, there’s the Panini Sticker book that got me hooked back in the 80s and 90s. First, you’ll have to buy the book which came with 1 free sticker pack. Then, they’d sell the stickers by pack and the objective was to fill up the album. My collection consisted on He-Man, Thundercats, among others.

Nowadays, it seems like stickers are making a comeback. I’ve seen many sticker shops popping-up in malls and bazaars. One of my former writers - Lanz - has a sticker business and she makes a lot of cute, food themed stickers.

After seeing a store in Ali Mall on my way home, Inadvertently stopped by one and started to browse all their sticker collection. And in less than 15 minutes, I went home with these:

Will I be stuck stickering again? 

We shall see.

No comments: