Monday, January 23, 2023

Free the Frida

Even before going on my exchange program in Mexico, I've always been a huge fan of Frida Kahlo and her art.

Being an art fan even as a grade schooler, I'd already look at art books and was always enamoured by her paintings. The colours, vibrance and the occasional surrealism - they were so unique and creative and was uniquely her.

The 2002 film "Frida" was something that I re-watched so many times. And the icing on the "pastel" was going to Mexico and seeing some of her works in person.

Imagine my thrill when Shein came out with a Frida Kahlo collection!


This is so unique and it's the first of its kind in my eyes. Needless to say, several items from this collection have already found itself home.

Further proof that fashion is art.

No comments: