Friday, January 27, 2023

FMM: Twin Peaks

No, this isn't a post about the Kyla Maclachlan and Sherilyn Fenn series from the 90s. After all, this is a Friday Magic Madness post, so it should be about music.

What this is about it that iconic 80s duo who churned out hit after hit during that time. They were fixtures in America's Top 40 and Top of the Pops.

The Thompson Twins.

My Kuyas would listen to them a lot, that's how their music became familiar to me. Eventually, I'd listen to them on my own.

They had lots of nice songs that are still on my playlist now, but this is the one that's played most often.


"Doctor, Doctor" has that nice combination of a catchy beat, a relaxed rhythm, and well-written lyrics. Just like a lot of 80s ditties.

This is really the time when music was at its peak.

No comments: