Friday, January 06, 2023

FMM: Not imagining things

When Gywneth Paltrow came out with her "Duets" album back in the year 2000, one of the most played tracks for me was "Just my Imagination (Running away from me). It was her duet with Babyface, and it made for this very soothing R&B track.

It was a few years after that I found out that the original singer of this track was the iconic group from the 60s - The Temptations.

After listening to their version of the same song, it became one of those moments when the original was def much better than the remake. That's why it's today's Friday Magic Madness song.

The original version from the 70s had a lot more soul and emotions. Might be because they were the original artists, but they understood and its mood a lot more than Gywneth and Babyface.

And I'm not just imagining that.

No comments: