Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Transform-ative

My first Transformer toy was Sideswipe. He was a red Lamborghini Countach, and he was one of my favourite car characters along with Jazz and Wheeljack.

My Sideswipe was given to me as as a gift by my classmate, Cholo. And I still remember the ultimate thrill and joy I got when he handed that iconic, black Takara box which housed that toy.

That was more than 30 years ago, and a lot of things have changed since then. My Transformers collection was eventually given away to my cousins in the province. My interests shifted from robots to other things. My fandom for the franchise waned, especially after the movie series.

But last week, more than 30 years after I received my 1st Transformers toy, this was given to me:

It's the iconic, black Takara box - updated to the current times - and housing a Transformers car! Getting this brought me back to my HS days.

Transformers toys are really a transformative experience.

No comments: