Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Converse-ant

With this blog as a witness, the early 2000s were my "Converse years."

Back then, I'd have pairs upon pairs of Chuck Taylors and Jack Purcells, and would wear them on a daily basis. When HKG was my home, this was part of my uniform - Converse, ripped jeans, button down and pull-over.

It was in the 2010s when a doctor - yes, a doctor - suggested that I change my shoe brand from Converse to New Balance. He said that since I'm an avid walker, New Balance has more cushion and is better for very long walks. 

That's the reason for the shift, and I've been an NB guy since.

But that NB streak is broken this week. 

My niece, Alejandra, sent a pair of Converse to my nephew, Kevin, direct from Spain. But when Kevin tried it on, it was just too big! So, they asked me to give it a shot and try it on. Surprise, surprise, it fits like a glove!

So now, a pair of Converse x CDG has found its way into my shoe rack.

Welcome back, Converse!

No comments: