Friday, March 25, 2022

FMM: Yeah Yeah

Since we're on a Spain-streak, today's Friday Magic Madness is still inspired by memories of Spain.

It was in 1986 and Tita Evelyn and Tito Agustin visited Manila, this time with Yoly in tow. Back then, Yoly and I were just kids, and since we were the same age, we naturally hung out together a lot.

While we were at National Book Store in Quezon Avenue, we wandered to the music store where they sold cassette tapes. Yoly quickly turned to me and said she wanted to buy a tape of the "Yeah, Yeah" song.

Not knowing what the "Yeah, Yeah" song was, I had to probe and ask what the song title was. Because of the language barrier, it was a challenge. She just kept on singing "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah."

After a few minutes, I finally got it! This was the "Yeah, Yeah" song she was talking about:


"Edge of Heaven" by Wham! A song that I liked as much as she did. So much that we eventually bought 2 tapes - one for her, one for me.

Yeah, yeah! She was right about this.

No comments: