Sunday, June 06, 2021

Lively Age

Full disclosure: I'm a fan of Blake Lively.

The first time I laid eyes on her on "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," it was apparent that she had talent. Next time I saw her was on "Gossip Girl" as the iconic Serena van der Woodsen. From there, it was clear that she'd make it big in Hollywood.

And indeed she did. After her small screen success, she went on to bigger things - and bigger screens. She headlined film after film, each role bigger than the previous one. From "Green Lantern" to "Hick" to "Savages," I'd wait and watch for her films.

One of the films I've seen several times and never tire watching is her romance/fantasy film "Age of Adaline." It was such a feel-good film that I ended up seeing it on the big screen several times, with different groups of friends.  And even if I saw it several times, I'd still smile at the same scenes. That's how wonderful of an actress she is.

This weekend, I found myself watching and re-watching scenes from that film on youtube. The scenes still get me each time, especially this scene:

Makes me wonder if "Age of Adaline" is on Netflix. Because if it is, I'll probably end up watching it a few more times again this weekend.

No comments: