Saturday, February 06, 2021

M so excited!

Magnolia Bakery came into my consciousness due to 2 things:

1. It's Julia Roberts' favourite bakery. And given how much I'm a big fan of hers, anything that the Jules loves is a huge hit for me.

2. The owner of Sonja's cupcakes worked at THE Magnolia Bakery in NYC. And in my mind, if her cupcakes are SO good, what more the original?

Since then, it was a goal to try their cupcakes. Even if I had to go to NYC to try it.

Luckily, though, they opened a branch in Omotesando in Tokyo.  It quickly became one of the go-to places that Mark and I frequented when we were there. 

Memories of relaxed afternoons, sitting in Magnolia with Mark, enjoying 2 or 3 types of cupcakes, a slice of cake, and beverages still make me smile. To. This. Date.

Eventually, Magnolia Bakery opened in the Philippines in 2018, in BGC. But due to the crazy lines and crowds, there was no rush to go there. After all, I've already had my Magnolia fix several times in JPN, and that was enough to keep the sweet cravings at bay.

While we had plans to try it out, it never really happened. Then, of course, 2020 happened, and that quashed the chances of trying Magnolia Bakery even more.

Until yesterday!

Thanks to Mamu Cecile who gave me this:

Yup, she got Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes and Muffins from M Bakery. (I'm assuming they couldn't use Magnolia here because of Magnolia Ice Cream.)

Biting into those heavenly cupcakes brought me back to those relaxed weekends in Omotesando with Mark. So, yes, it's as good as the one in JPN. Whether it's as good as the OG in NYC, that remains to be seen.

Now, I'm looking forward and excited to actually going there and trying out more cupcakes with Mark. 


No comments: