Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Flights of fashion

My fascination with avian prints date way, way back to my childhood. Back then, I'd pore through encyclopedia just to learn about different members of the avian family.

This fascination was also buoyed by the fact that the family had a pet Eagle. His name was "Freedom" and I'd go inside his cage everyday to feed him fish and chicken. As a kid, I'd marvel at watching Freedom take flight, and how majestic his wings were while flying.

When I was asked to lead our Boy Scout Troop in grade school, I named our troop the "Osprey Falcons." In high school, we had a group project for the Music subject and we became known as "The Mallard Ducks."

As an adult, whenever there's a clothing item with an avian print or design or embroidery, consider it sold! 

Even if you look at the history of my Christmas wrapping themes, there were 2 years that my choice was a design with birds as part of the pattern.

Plains & Prints has had a lot of themes and designs with avian patterns. You'll find these items in my sister's closets, of course. Upon seeing how their "Euphoric Hope" collection had 2 dresses with different birds, fly to their store, I did.

Why? Because of these 2 spectacularly beautiful dresses from that collection:

A shift dress with a pleated skirt and an ornate print of exotic birds.


And this Toile de Jouy print with an interesting asymmetric detail.

Thanks to Plains & Prints, my sister's closet will once again soar in style.

No comments: