Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Jouy-ful, Jouy-ful

Of course, the year 2020 can't wrap up without me showing my Christmas wrapping theme for the year. 

It was the first week of March - a week before ECQ was declared - when my eyes were drawn to this pair of wrappers at National Book Store superbranch.

What drew these to me is the "Toile du Juoy" feels that they give. Since my first encounter with this type of fabric in Paris when I was younger, I've been drawn to it. In fact, I paid good money to buy a few yards of Toile du Juoy fabric from a store near L' Tour Eiffel.

Luckily, they were well-stocked and this allowed me to get a lot of these wrappers. Enough to cover all my Christmas needs, and then some.

Aside from the pattern, the wrapper gained significance after the CQ period because it felt like life went back-to-basics. And it doesn't get more back-to-basics than black and white.

Once the wrapper was secured, it was time for the accoutrements. 

To add a hint of Christmas to the black and white wrapper, I chose the colour red for the ribbon. As an accent, both black and white ribbons were added, echoing the wrapper's hue. Of course, the personalized cards had to be there. Finally, since the wrapper had a pinecone print, it was an easy choice to make pinecones the accent to the whole thing.

Together, these elements created this Juoy-ful and timely Christmas gift-wrapping theme for 2020!


And as we wrap-up Christmas and get ready to welcome the New Year, let's all hope and pray for a Joyful 2021!


No comments: