Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Conserve-atory

My first encounter with Bonne Maman Strawberry Conserve was when I lived in The Netherlands for a few months. 

While doing groceries at Alberheijn, the packaging of this French brand immediately caught my eye. And since I'm a packaging nut, I eventually bought a jar.

Gosh! Once I tried it on toasted bread with butter, my immediate reaction was: "Whoa! This tastes as good as it looks!"

This brand is also available here in Manila, particularly Rustan's. Several times, when Mark and I would have dinner at the Rustan's Supermarket restaurant at the basement of Shang, I'd see the conserve. And at times, I'd buy it, too.

It's been months - more than 9, to be exact - since my last trip to Shangrila Mall and Rustan's. So I haven't gotten my Bonne Maman fix for that long, too.

But I'm certain this is online. All I need to do is look.

Let me begin looking now.

No comments: