Saturday, July 13, 2019

Feeding Famous

Having been a former resident of HKG, I have a soft spot for roasts.

This was a staple in every HKG meal, and there's a roast meat restaurant in almost every corner. From big chains like MX and CDC, to small Mom and Pop stores in neighborhoods like Mong Kok and Tin Hau.

In Manila, there are couple of places that sell HKG style roast meats. There's HK Taikoo Roasts, Kam's Roasts, and the more recent entry, Hawker Chan.

But one of my favorite places is this nondescript restaurant in Katipunan and Morato called Famous Kitchen. To me, it's one of the more legit places to get great roasts.


Aside from the food, I also like the simple interiors. It also brings me back to HKG whenever I'm there.


Off hand, this place should be more famous that it is. But I'm glad that it's under the radar, so it won't be too crowded or frenzied the next time I go there.


No comments: