Monday, June 17, 2019

Looking for CD-R King


Time was when CD-R King was everyone’s go-to place when they were looking for computer and electronic stuff.

They started more than a decade ago, selling - as the name clearly states - recordable CDs. They had it in all colors, designs and sizes, and it made buying CD a joy. CDs suddenly became collectibles, and I would find myself buying CDs even if I didn’t need them.

Soon after, they expanded to other gadgets. And they expanded some more.

Whenever I needed earphones - CD-R King. When Mark needed an external keypad - CD-R King. When I forgot my charger at home - CD-R King.  Whenever I needed a phone case - CD - R King.

This weekend, I needed to buy new headphones, so I went to CD - R King.

Lo and behold, all the branches I frequent were all closed! Gateway. Robinson’s Galleria. Glorietta. SM Megamall - all gone!

What happened to CD - R King? And where did they go?

This issue needs answers!

No comments: