Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Missing Missi

The bus I rode to work had a pleasantly surprising film choice. They were showing the 2005 version of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."

It's been more a decade since I saw this film, and now that I'm seeing it again, it reminded me of one of the character actors who appeared in the film. She's a long time fave of mine, and it's been a while since I've seen her.

She's Missi Pyle.


One thing about Missi is that she has mad comic chops. Aside from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," she also made me laugh in "Galaxy Quest" and "Along Came Polly."

She also had an independent film that I caught a few years back. The title was "Pretty Ugly People" and it showed me the depth of her dramatic capabilities. She was superb in it.

After I got off the bus, my first thought was: "When do we get to see Missi on screen again?"

Pretty soon, I hope.

No comments: