Wednesday, August 09, 2017

I Kid(apawan) you not!

There's always a thrill when you visit a place for the first time.

On this trip, we went from Davao to North Cotabato - Kidapawan City to be exact.

Kidapawan, according the Prichy, is the "City of Fruits." The monicker came from the fact that a lot of the region's produce is from there, and the fruits they grow are more flavorful. It must be in the soil, or the way they grow it.

We had breakfast at the hotel just in front of the City Municipal Hall. So, I quickly skipped to the other side of the street and checked out their White-House-inspired edifice. It's really nice! And around it, they have a park, an amphitheater and a market. Nifty!


I like how the city has kept its provincial charm, but still with touches of progress. It's like being in a place where the old and new come together.


It's my first time here, and after experiencing Kidapawan for a few hours, I think it won't be my last.

No comments: