Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Something fresh

Most of my friends know that most often, I get to watch movies and TV shows in one place.

In the plane.

My "catch-up" time is usually 35,000 feet above sea level. And this is the only time that I settle on a chair and watch old and new movies, as well as shows.

During my 22 hour flight from MNL to ATL last July, I discovered so many good TV shows. In fact, I binge-watched them while flying over the Atlantic.

One of the shows I discovered and enjoyed is "Fresh off the boat."



It's a comedy-satire about an Asian-American family in a US suburb. Particularly, a Chinese-American family. And it pokes fun at the Chinese traits that we all know and laugh at. And this resonates with me particularly because I've seen families in HKG do the same thing.

Let me look for a DVD of this. It's something fresh that I won't mind watching again.


No comments: