Friday, March 03, 2017

FMM: Feeling Sap-py

Back in the 90s when I was still at Adformatix, we were deep in the process of brainstorming for Promil.

One of the insights was about how mothers will do everything to take care of their babies. Then, suddenly, a song played in my head. The strange thing was, I have no recollection of that song, and I can't remember when or where I first heard it. Heck, I didn't even know the title, just the lyrics.

I started humming and singing the song, and the lyrics I remembered were:

"I'll take care of you. Don't be sad, don't be blue. Just count on me your whole life through, Cause I'll take care of you."

Immediately, Kuya Danny (rest his soul) shouted "I'll take care of you! Ronnie Milsap!"

True enough, that was the song.



That was the first time I heard of Ronnie Milsap, or even the actual title of the song. But after that, this ditty never left my head.

And that's why on this Friday Magic Madness day, I'm bringing back Ronnie Milsap, and this song

No comments: