Monday, January 30, 2017

Je ne sais quoi!

While we were having our presentation, we could hear sporadic bursts of cheer outside the conference room. As it turns out, Miss Universe was on-going and being followed by the people outside.

Yup, I've been living under a rock and wasn't really following this whole Miss Universe thing. While I've seen an article here and there, everything else was alien to me. Including today's finals night.

Just as meeting wrapped up, so did the contest. And this year's Miss Universe is from France!


My colleagues were watching a replay of the crowning moment, and I must say, Iris Mittenaere deserves the crown. She has beauty, intelligence and poise.

But more importantly, she has those very French qualities of joie-de-vivre and je ne sais quoi. She looks very natural, spontaneous and unrehearsed, which makes her a breath of fresh air.

Vive le France!


No comments: