Thursday, January 19, 2017

Friends of long standing



One of the campaigns I'm currently working on is about long-standing friendships. My clients want to celebrate the joy and beauty of friendships, particularly those that have been around for decades.

I'm totally on-board when it comes to campaigns like this. After all, it's something that I'm a big believer of.

My longest standing friend is Eric, who I've known since we we're in kinder. (Yes! Kindergarten! At Learn and Play school in Sct. Gandia.)

Last Christmas, I got together with two of my close high school friends - Gary and Aldo. (And yes, Gary and I still talk about Star Wars as if we were still in high school.)

Then, there was the wedding in Boracay and Batangas, also celebrated with longtime and lifelong friends.

And the list goes on.

During last night's wedding reception, I met a lot of Mark's grade school friends. Which means they've been friends for more than 20 years! Amazing!

Some of them I've actually known for a while. Like Eric, Mike and Gelo - who is definitely one of the most genuinely nice people I've met.

But the others, I only met last night. And they're such nice and fun people. It was so refreshing to be surrounded by bright, happy people who exude so much humor, warmth and positive energy. It's just too bad that we didn't get to spend more time with them as we had an early flight the next day.

The good thing is, I'm sure that last night was just the first of many times I'll be spending with them. And that's something that I look forward to.


No comments: