Monday, November 21, 2016

Well, Hola there!

Mama Marna - Maricar's mother-in-law - is such a sweet lady.

She remembered that I can understand a bit of Spanish, so she sent me this:





It's a recent issue of Hola! And I've always equated this magazine with Spain. After all, my Tita has a lot of these in her house in Barcelona. Plus, my late Grandmother, Lola Dita, also read this magazine a lot.

The timing of this magazine is perfect. My cousins from Spain are arriving in a month's time, so I need to brush up on my Spanish.


Surprisingly, despite not having practiced for so many years, I still understand most of the headlines on the cover. Even more surprising, I read the first 2 articles from start to finish and understood them!

Let's see if it holds out until the inner pages.




No comments: