Thursday, November 10, 2016

Sketchy stories: Writing on the sand

"Inspiration strikes anywhere."

This has to be one of the most common lines spoken and heard by creative folks. And in the words of Danz, "truer words have never been spoken."

That's why I always have a pen and pad beside my bed. Strange but true: sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with some inspiration for something. So, I jot it down before I forget about it.

During my trip to Cebu a few weeks ago, there was some idle time on the beach. There I was, sitting on the soft, pristine sand, looking out into the sea. Then I remembered that Ate Bullet was asking for help in designing a label for her Christmas food project!

Thankfully, there was a twig within arm's reach. I picked it up, started scribbling on the sand, and came up with these:



See, inspiration does strike anywhere.

No comments: