Wednesday, October 05, 2016

On the Rise

It's actually a funny thing. I get to watch more movies in flight than in movie houses.

Example, during the flight from MNL to ATL last July, I was able to watch the following films: Batman vs. Superman, Tangled, The Dressmaker and My Name is Doris. And that's just from one flight. There were 3 more that followed after.

This is the reason why a good entertainment system is one of my considerations when choosing an airline. After all, you'll be stuck in a plane for hours, so might as well use them productively.

During my last trip to Tokyo via PAL, they had an entertainment system called "My PAL." It's basically an iPad filled with music, movies and tv shows that you can watch at your own pace. Which was awesome!


It was during this flight that I caught this biblical epic film entitled "Risen." It was the story of a Roman soldier who was asked to investigate the disappearance of Christ from the tomb, and how this experience changed his faith.

It was a riveting film that kept me glued from start to finish! Now, it's a film that goes up there with my favorite Biblical films including "Jesus Christ Superstar," and "Jesus of Nazareth."


No comments: