Sunday, January 04, 2015

Pointing fingers


Yesterday, Wowie and I decided to have a last-hurrah merienda cena before all the work craziness starts again. We ended up at TGI Friday's, which is an all-time and international favorite of ours.

One of the classic dishes at TGI Friday's is the Chicken Fingers. I remember how this was what everyone ordered back then, primarily because it's one of the more affordable items on the menu. I haven't had this dish in a while, so I decided to order the Cajun Chicken fingers - just for kicks.

Surprisingly, it's still as good as I remember it. The chicken breast was substantial, the breading was crunchy and spicy, and the fries were still as fat and crispy as I remembered it. The dish felt like a throwback, and it brought me back to the old TGI Friday's in El Pueblo where D' Frendz would usually converge.

It's a good thing that some classics never change.

No comments: