Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Yes you Ken!

The shrieks were so loud, I heard it from over 30 feet away!

As I entered SM Megamall from the St. Francis side, I could already hear the deafening screams from the Entertainment center at the basement. Now, I'm not a fan of crowds and noise, so I'd normally steer clear of the area. 

But when I saw the crowd, it wasn't the usual throng of people I usually see. Curiosity got the better of me, and I headed to the area to see what the ruckus was about. And when I looked down, all I could say was:

WHOA!!!



There was an on-going meet and greet for the film "Ruruoni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno & The Legend ends"! The stars of the film - Takeru Satoh, Emi Takei, and Munetaka Aoki - flew from Japan to Manila for their first overseas press conference ever! As Emi mentioned in her interview, this is the first time their promoting the film overseas, and she's glad they did it in the Philippines because the reception was awesome.


Mark and I are both big fans of the film. In fact, when the first installment came out, we were in Tokyo that time. They were preparing for a press conference for "Samurai X" in Roponggi, and we saw the stage while we were walking through Roponggi Hills. We weren't able to stick around for the actual event though.

So, it's a pleasant and welcome surprise that I got to see the cast up close-ish.

When they were about to wrap up, Munetaka shouted "Mahal ko kayo," and the crowd went wild! Taking this as a cue, both Emi, Takeru and the director - Keishi Ohtomo, took turns in shouting "Mahal ko kayo," and it felt like the area would collapse from all the stomps and shrieks from everyone there. The energy was amazing!


The event wrapped up and everyone was psyched! Too bad we have to wait 2 more week before the actual film is shown.

In the meantime, I'll have to be content with the fact that I actually saw the cast of Ruruoni Kenshin in person.

No comments: