Monday, August 25, 2014

Meals with Mark: The Wan

Whether we're in Manila or Tokyo, one of the major decisions that Mark and I have to make is: "Where do we eat?"

This is a question that pops up so often, and most often, we don't have an instant answer for. So, it becomes a process of elimination, then streamlining, until we decide on 2 to 3 places. From there, we decide where to eat. Whew!

To simplify the process, we decided to come up with a list of places that we'll eat in while he's on vacation here in Manila. It's a list that has a combination of new restaurants and old favorites, and we're both excited to cross off these eating places from the list.

For dinner tonight, Mark was in the mood for dimsum. And the dimsum place on top of the list was Tim Ho Wan.


I used to eat at Tim Ho Wan a lot when I was living in HKG, but tonight was the first time I tried it in Manila.

Considering it was a holiday, the line wasn't that long. And since there were only 2 of us, we got a seat quickly.

Our dinner consisted of their pork buns, hakaw, siomai, chor fan, and the sausage and chicken rice. And I must say, everything tastes as good as they do in HKG. Heck, I felt like I was transported back to Causeway Bay for a few minutes.

Now that's one restaurant crossed off the list. Time to cross out some more.

No comments: