Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mourning Mork


As a kid, "Mork and Mindy" was one of my favorite TV shows. I remember tuning in to GMA-7 in the evening and anxiously waiting for the program to start. I also remember that Pam Dawber was the prettiest girl on TV, and Robin Williams was the funniest alien on planet Earth.

There were so many iconic moments on the show. And Robin Williams defined those moments.

From Mork's egg-shaped space ship to his alien hand sign. From his penchant for wearing suspenders to his penchant for saying "Nanu-nanu." Needless to say, this show helped shape my perception that there might really be life beyond our planet. And that aliens were probably the funniest and goofiest creatures ever.

This show was my first introduction to the comic genius that is Robin Williams. And as the world mourns his death, "Mork" is how I'll always remember him.


No comments: