Tuesday, August 27, 2013

We will Roksanda you!

When I found out that Roksanda Ilincic's capsule collection for Debenhams was available in the Philippines, I knew that I had to snag a piece or two. After all, I'm a big fan of her work. Her aesthetic is very feminine, but it always has a hardness to it that makes each piece of clothing very interesting.


If the information from the web is correct, this collection in-store is her last collection for Debenhams. Luckily, I was able to get 2 pieces before they were taken off the shelves.

The first piece is a LBD with a twist. Make that twists.


It's a sheath silhouette made of heavy wool crepe, but the frilled hem is in white, adding a swish of texture to the dress. Plus, it has a neon green grossgrain belt that's sure to catch the eye and make the waist look slimmer.


The second piece is another stunning sheath, but this time in a checkered pattern.


Two details that make this dress a WOW dress. First is the flutter sleeve that drapes down to the bodice. I can imagine how flattering this detail will look when worn.


Second is the back zipper. It runs the entire length of the dress, and it can be adjusted to lower the back or raise the slit. Or both!


There were other dresses on the rack that caught my attention. Unfortunately, they didn't have the right size anymore.

Despite that, I'm glad that I was able to get these 2 Roksanda Ilincic dresses. And I'm sure Ate will rock them both.

No comments: