Monday, August 12, 2013

Color Story: Green day

One of my colleagues is getting married in less than a year. Needless to say, I offered to help out in any way I can. 

Her color palette is interesting, and one that's new to my eye: it's a mix of jade green and amethyst. While this is a color combination I've worked with before for my sisters' daily outfits, it's the first time I'll be working with it on a wedding.

While scouting for jade green fabrics, I came across another green hue that immediately caught my eye. It was no other than Emerald green - the color motif of Rache's wedding which we organized more than a year back.

It's been a while since I last used this color - both for weddings or for my sisters' consumption. And seeing the range of pretty Emerald green fabrics there were, it was simply hard to resist.


So, this pair composed of Emerald green georgette and lace came home with today. The lace fabric reminds me of Valentino's take on the green lace dress,


While adding these fabrics to the stash at home, I chanced upon this green belt on the pile.


Looking at these three items, my mind automatically said: "This looks like another project."

No comments: