Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Welcome to the Family!


Family Mart is one of the places that Mark and I frequent whenever we're in Japan. After all, there's a branch in almost every corner.

It's our emergency stockpile whenever we feel hungry at odd hours. He's often buy Calpis Water, and I'd buy the gelatin with fruits inside. Sometimes, he's buy ice cream, and I'd buy bread. And of course, there's the onigiri.

A few months ago, I saw one part of the MRT-Ayala station boarded up with the Family Mart logo and thought: "Whoa! Family Mart is coming to Manila!"

And indeed they have. I checked it out this week and was thrilled to see a Tokyo mainstay arrive in Makati.

Of course, it was a bit disconcerting to see Family Mart selling Purefoods Corned Beef and Lucky Me Instant Noodles. It's because in my mind, I'm expecting to see all those Japanese products like Meiji, Asahi, Kirin and what-nots.

But I was thrilled to see the house brand snacks available here in Manila. Including my favorite Tohato Caramel Corn!


Now, excuse me while I go to the Family and check out what goodies are in store for me.

No comments: